Petrol prices are sky rocketing. Does this leave you with Diesel as the only economical option? NO! Times have changed! Presenting the new age car fuel alternatives – CNG and LPG; apart from being lighter on your pocket, these options are also environment-friendly.
Team-BHP explains the pros and cons of each fuel, as also about the issue as a whole.
Why opt for Gas?
- Lowest running costs (compared to other fuel alternatives like diesel)
- Cleaner emissions
- Better resale value (in the case of factory-fitted kits only)
- Complete manufacturer-support available
- Any time switch over to petrol is possible
Factors that may hold you back:
- Initial investment in setup
- Reduced boot space
- Compromised power delivery
- Limited availability (compared to petrol and diesel). Few highways have consistent supplies. Also, some towns may not have any supply at all.
- Longer waits at the fuel pump
Are Natural Gas powered vehicles safe?
Natural Gas is an ideal fuel source for many reasons, including safety. Natural Gas is lighter than air. This means that it will not puddle (like petrol) which is heavier than air. Instead, Natural Gas will rise and dissipate in the atmosphere. Natural gas also has a higher ignition temperature. This means that it is much harder to ignite. Also the storage systems used for CNG and LPG are stronger than the petrol tanks found on cars and trucks today.